When most people describe the current Rock and Pop mainstream, the one term that usually doesn’t come up is “human element.”
Ho Hey on the other hand stands out from the pack by exuding raw human emotion on all levels while utilizing stellar craft fundamentals to “package” that emotion in a manner that enabled the song to connect and resonate on a global scale.
To date, Ho Hey has landed in the top 10 in 15 countries and has hit #1 on charts including the U.S. Rock, Alternative and Adult Pop songs charts.
If you want to see an example of an exceptionally well crafted song that is strong on all fronts, then look no further than Ho Hey.
Ho Hey Deconstructed includes:
An evaluation of how Ho Hey compares to the songs currently topping the charts in the Pop genre.
A comprehensive look at the inner workings of the song including melody, structure, lyrics, vocals, MTI, instrumentation and much more.
An exploration of A&R hit factors including:
- What role did licensing and social media play in Ho Hey’s success?
- What were the 6 key factors that contributed to Ho Hey’s wide demographic reach?
- Is the longevity of the Lumineers dependent upon the sustainability of the current Folk revival?
- How important was the “gimmick” in accentuating Ho Hey’s success potential? Could it have achieved the same success without?
- Songwriter/Producer takeaways culled from what made the song a hit.
And MUCH More!