Straight-Up Pop Makes A Return, But Where’s Hip Hop/Rap & R&B?
Our latest report spotlights the individual sub-genre influences that helped shape the sound of the 21 top 10 songs that landed on the Billboard Pop Songs chart during Q3-2012.
Read this report to learn:
- Which sub-genre category had the greatest chart success during the quarter, and which didn’t score any #1 hits (you’ll be surprised).
- What effect the EDM explosion had on the Dance/Club category.
- Which sub-genre category had the greatest influx of new songs landing in Pop Songs top 10 for the first time.
- Which lyrical theme dominated 3 out of 4 sub-genre categories.
- What the compositional characteristics were that all of the sub-genre categories had in common.
And much more…