Get Lucky is a global hit anomaly. How many people would have ever thought that a retro Disco/Funk/R&B song that feels like it was plucked right out of the 1970’s could top the charts in 2013 and become the feel good hit of the summer?
But when you take into account various factors including the retro vibe that has permeated the current mainstream, the return of Daft Punk in reinvented form, the collaboration with veteran hitmaker Nile Rodgers, the vocal talent of Pharrell Williams, exceptional craft and a vibe that connects on a “human” level, all things are possible.
To date Get Lucky has hit #1 on 25 charts and landed in the top 10 in 34 countries.
Get Lucky Deconstructed explores what made this song a hit including:
- A detailed look at how the writers prevented an exceptionally repetitive song from becoming overly monotonous, including the “breakdown” methods employed.
- The new “anatomy of a radio edit” section that explores how the writers primed Get Lucky for success in an airplay environment without sacrificing its core essence.
- A compositional comparison of how Get Lucky stacks up against the songs currently topping the charts.
- A detailed look at the possible interpretations of Get Lucky’s lyrics (it’s not as black and white as you may think!)
- A comprehensive look at the inner workings of the song including melody, structure, lyrics, vocals, MTI, instrumentation & much more.
- Songwriter/Producer takeaways culled from what made the song a hit.
And MUCH More!