Released as the lead single from her first solo album, Stars Dance, Come & Get It finds Selena Gomez teaming up with 3 of today’s hottest hitmakers including Tor Hermansen & Mikkel Eriksen (both of Stargate), and Ester Dean with the aim of separating her from her Disney past and to establish her as a major force within the mainstream Pop scene alongside contemporaries including Rihanna, Katy and Britney.
As you’ll see within the report, Come & Get It possesses many of the “hit qualities” that are indicative of today’s chart-topping songs, but it also falls short in some key areas that preclude it from realizing its fullest potential.
To date Come & Get It has landed in the top 10 on 10 charts throughout the world and hit #1 on the U.S. Hot Dance Club Songs chart.
Come & Get It Deconstructed explores the HITS and MISSES of the song including:
- Was Come & Get It written with another artist in mind, resulting in a disconnect between performing artist and song?
- A detailed look at the “song defining” moments which took Come & Get It to the next level.
- A compositional comparison of how Come & Get It stacks up against the songs currently topping the charts.
- A detailed look Come & Get It’s “soap opera” natured lyrics, and who it was really written about.
- A comprehensive look at the inner workings of the song, including melody, structure, lyrics, vocals, MTI, instrumentation & much more.
- Songwriter/Producer takeaways culled from what made the song a hit.
And MUCH More!